Sunday, October 15, 2006

XeO3: The memory hunt continues.

Just having a quick look over my memory map, correctly it here and there. I think what I really want to do is try and move all the variable sources like PathData and PreRotations together, these could vary if I really need the space. I’m not sure how much space the path data will take up, but traditionally I've set aside 4k and been struggling. However, these levels are quite a bit shorter than what I've had before so I make be able to shave as much as 1k off the paths. PreRotations is a total guess. I have no idea really how much I need in the cache. It all depends on alien speed, rotations, animation frames...lots. What I really need to do is add a flag to the cache for debugging to see just how busy it is, then I might be able to cut it down - there could be a lot of space to be gained in there.

No comments: