Sunday, October 08, 2006

XeO3: C#

So, I thought it was about time I got the full benifit of the Multiplexor, so I'm about to do a small c# program (my latest language of choice) to convert into the proper format, and scale it up to the required size. Now the aspect will obviously change, and it will look a bit naff.... but it'll help "fill" the screen with sprites AND give me a basis for converting over Luca's art in the future.

On another note, I was speaking to TNT over at Lemon64 and we got into chatting about old programming diarys from ZZap days, anyway he reminded me about the Citadel one as well as the Morpheus one I've just read. I seem to remember this one being pretty cool to. He's currently doing a supped up version of Paradroid and I'm trying to persuade him to do a diary as well. I love reading techy stuff like this, and I'm sure others do to. These days games are such a closely guarded secret that you never get to hear the gritty details which is a shape. Also things are now so complicated that it can take weeks to do the smallest thing which doesn't make for good reading.

If you have an opinion on this, or if you like reading this kind of stuff, then let me know and perhaps I'll start to try and push more people to keep retro coding blogs.

No comments: