Monday, October 16, 2006

XeO3: The full cycle...

I'm on holiday at the moment, and I've been having fun playing with XeO3. I've spent the day cleaning up the code and trying to keep the memory usage down. I managed to strip around 150 bytes of code from the front end of XeO3 which is good, because I do hope to add more to it; a high score table along with a load/save to disk if possible.

I've been disapointing Luca with the latest restrictions. Like any game, as things start down the home straight, things get tight and the restrictions get tighter still. Hope I haven't upset him too much....

I've now completed the cycle. You can now start the game on the front end, play, die, and go back to the front end. "The circle is now complete, now I am the mast...." no hang on... thats not right. Anyway, it feels good to get it going in and out the frontend, and its starting to feel more like a game. I'm not sure what I'll do next... possibly back to the editor - Russell's gonna need it soon too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Disapponted me? Hah! The more obstacles, the bigger fun! :)
For all the disappointing, there's ever a party that comes to help you!