Sunday, June 29, 2008

TG16 stuff...

Not been doing a lot past few days, but I'm now off on holiday for a week so Im going to push on with my TG16 assembler first. I did get a little shock though as one of the manuals I have must have been a pretty early one since it doesn't document CSH or CSL which are used to switch the PC Engine into high and low speed modes. Now, I knew about these commands since I have some old source, but the manual I was using didn't document them at all, and its not like there were pages missing as the page numbers count up fine! They just weren't there! However, my other (slightly grubbier) manual does have them, so I can find out the opcode and add them in.

It's probably going to take me a few days to get all this stuff in which is a pain, but then I should be good to go!

I also found a VERY old bit of shadow of the beast. I think this is pre-CDROM! In fact, I have a sneaking suspicion that its the version that was in the Games-X mag back in 1991 where I just had the beast man running around on the 1st level - before all the pretty graphics went in! I'll need to try and work out the format of the ROM dump as its a special outpu for the offical kit, but if memory serves its pretty simple. I'd love to see this again and get a bit of video of it for my DMA page.

I also found my SuperSystem2 card, and on the back It's been labeled No. 2. I wonder if we did get the second one ever made... or if it was the 2nd one given to developers or something - who knows. I do know we were one od the 1st to develop on using the new SuperCDROM, so it might well be the second card ever made - which is cool.

No comments: