Wednesday, June 18, 2008

TG16 stuff....

Now that my TG16 (PC Engine) flash card has arrive, I've been trying to think of something interesting to do with it to get back into it. I was looking at an old Video of Shadow of the Beast I did years back and realised it could have been much, much....MUCH better....

Now if you watch this through, you'll see that when it gets to the platform section theres no dual playfield mode - pretty much because the TG16 doesnt have one! But I've figured out a way to get a simple playfield going,which would make it look astounding!

Using an old technique from the C64 and by what I've been doing with the Super CPU, I think you could add a proper playfield without losing sprites etc. That would be a pretty cool demo to start with!

When I was doing TG16 stuff, I just didnt use the CPU power properly; sure I know more now and was pretty much wallowing in CPU time last time, but I think I can now fully utilise the space CPU time. 7Mhz is a LOT of time to burn...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you still have the source for Shadow of the Beast? I was browsing through PCE/TG ISOs and came across some things that got included into data track. I saw some left over text about a HD CD simulating system and such. One game even have a chunk of the C source code for the HuVideo converter. Anyway, if you're looking for debugger for your projects, mednafen is awesome. It's the most accurate emulator out there too.

Also, for the BG in the dungeon area - some dynamic tile updating would have worked nicely ;)