Thursday, October 05, 2006

Xeo3: Sprite time...

Luca's given me a new batch of sprites to bundle together so while I've been doing that, I've also been updating Luca's scripting build so that he gets all the latest features. While doing so I've fixed the parent+child system. This allows small sprites to be joined and act as a single BIG sprite. Luca's been playing with a large mid level baddie, but it wasn't working right. Turns out when I had rewriten the killsprite routine I had inadvertantly broken the link system. I'm not terribly happy with the fix however, as it means I have to loop though all the sprites every time one is killed. Its not the end of the world, but I dont really have any spare FLAG bits to enable me to fix it.
I've only 2 left, and I think I need these for other features. Luca wants to be able to orbit baddies around parents, and I'll need a flag for that, I also need a flag for something else...but that escapes me just now. I may well have to admit defeat and add another FLAG byte, but I really dont want to do that.

I got my Retro Replay today!! Very cool! I think I'll probably get the RRNet and SilverSurfer add on as well as it'll let me squirt stuff down rather than having to copy it to the MMC card all the time. Using a RetroReplay and the MMC64 I can now mount a D64 image and read it like a normal disk, which is very funky - its now a pitty that so many have "custom" loaders that dont work with it! At least Blood Money and Ballistix seem to, well... they manage to load, but blood money then crashes when you start playing, no idea why - seems to have all the graphics and code it needs.

No comments: