Wednesday, June 20, 2007

XeO3: Success!!!

At last!!! Found the little ******!!!!

After a really painful debug session with Yape (he really needs to make his debugger more usable!!!) I finally tracked the problem down to..........The player ship sprite! Yep... nothing to do with the cache at all - well, not really. It was the sprite rendering that fried the memory, but that was only because the player ship pointers had been nuked! Funny....Im sure this was the same bad bug as last time...I wonder if the fix got lost, I'll have to check my source control logs... Anyway, the fix was just 3 lines!

lda PlayerAnims
ldx #0
jsr SetSpriteShape

So...there we go... Crappy nights work, but worth it in the end. I'm thinking about releasing the current minus4, as its debugger is much nicer than anything else out there, and really helps.

Edit: Yep...it appears I only half fixed this the last time. I was drawing a bad sprite last time, and now it just killed it dead! Oh well...all fixed.

No comments: