Wednesday, January 28, 2009

RetroEdit small steps.

I've had a little bit of a problem with a virus I think, but have managed to revert things by rolling back a few days. This however has screwed with my source files - even though it said it wouldn't. Oh well...

I've finally managed to get the colour palette into retro edit so I'll need to do colour selection next. It's a little flickery though but I'll deal with that later, as long as it's working just now I don't really care. It's feeling a little sluggish on my machine so I may be doing something wrong, but I'll need to try it on someone elses PC first. I have the feeling its drawing WAY too often. I'm happy to say though that its finally making some headway and I hope to deposit the first version into Luca's lap soon. I'll need to get loading/saving into it first so I'll do that after colour picking/selection has been added.

You'll also notice its missing sprite sizes, I'll add this later as well - it shouldn't be too hard - although I'll need to save differently for each platform. Currently these are Plus4 (MCM/Hires) C64 (MCM/Hires) and Spectrum. I'll probably add CPC down the line - along with anyother computer/console I play with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was looking around webarchived dma-design.com and noticed one thing here. "...release the killer bees!". What it was about? In gta3 there was guy on Chatterbox talking about killer bees. Is this connected anyhow?

Mike said...

I don't really remember.... I remember the phrase but dont remember what it was all about...

Probably Body Harvest or something...