Friday, November 30, 2007

65816: Aaaaaaaannnnnnnddddd we're done..........

Well, I appear to have now finished 65816 support. I had some nasty little bugglets that were messing with my REP/SEP commands which is exactly the reason I couldn't swap in/out of it easily! Basically, even in 16bit mode, Rep/Sep are 8bit commands, but it was saving 16bit immediate values, which meant it would then hit a $00 (brk) as the next instuction.

So, this is pretty cool, as I'm now done with the core supprt for 65816 and 65c02. It still needs heavy testing, but looks like its mostly there.

While I was at it, I also fixed a couple of other instructions in normal 6502 mode that were broken ( jmp($1234), and lax $00,y). So that helps me anyway for XeO3.

So all I need to do now is release this version and then back onto paths for xeo3!
(have I mentioned just how much I HATE doing paths???)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaand cooongraaaaats!
Hey, a sentence written with letters of fire and hate has just appeared on the wall in front of me! I read mmmm... "te..d..aths"... "te..do..pat"... "hate doing paths"! :D