Saturday, August 23, 2008

More progress...

Dissassembly view with added watch window.As you can see from the screen shot I've now gotten the watch window up and running properly. I now need to implement breakpoints properly and come up with a better way to redraw the main dissassembly window, rather than use the rich text box.

Oh, I also need to implement the register window properly as its currently processed by the monitor app rather than the CPU module. Since each processor has different register requirements theres no way to have this done generically, so it must be handled by the CPU module. This is a pain, but necessary. Technically speaking, I could implement a simple generic one IF the CPU module doesn't, and this would mean you could get up and running quicker, but I'm not sure yet.....

Lastly, I suddenly realised that we could use RS232 on a 48K spectrum using an interface one as it has a serial port built in. This would be slow (2.4k a second) but would be quick enough for a remote debugger. I expect most work to be done in an emulator, but this would provide a cheap way to get access on a real machine. This will of course be up to Russell whenever he gets around to doing that.

No comments: