- I've made some of the harder baddies easier to kill
- I've added the drift to the coin and made the arc slightly higher (although as Luca's aready pointed out, it still has to get off screen pretty quickly!)
- I've added the scraping sound as you get hit.
- In the final game, there will be a sheild recharge pickup, and it'll get recharged at the start of each level.
- I'm still unconvinced about moving the ship faster....
- I've made the harder baddies a static frame so you can tell they're hard to kill. This will chance in the final game to a different baddie graphic so each TYPE will have its own strengths.
We will release an update in a few days to see what you all think about the improvements, and all going well, we'll plow on with the actual game.
I also just spotted a worrying bug in visual SourceSafe. It would just refuse to check in a modified file for some reason! I'd check out a file, change it, and then check it back in; but the file wouldn't actually change! This seems to have affected 2 files. My turret source file, and the front end logo characterset. I've now managed to fix them both without losing anything, but thats a worrying turn of events!