Thursday, January 04, 2007

PIC fun...

I got my logic chips today, but no sign of the SRAM, so I'm still playing with my little screen. I've fixed the last of the buglets so I can now use it properly; I even got the backlight working properly! The PIC only has 2K of ROM on it so I'm kind of limited, but its a good learning experiance. One thing I did get today are a stack of voltage regulators, so I can stop using the 2 resistors and use the IC instead.

I also got a few 3.3V regulators which I can now use to play with the MMC socket on the C64 or plus/4 userport. With the EPROM, and logic chips, I guess I could play with proper code, but thats a helish way to develop. Your better having RAM there. The Plus/4 is easier to code for since the download is now in ROM and its pretty quick to squirt a few bytes over, but the user port on the Plus/4 is split into 4out 4in, whereas the C64's has 8 bi-directional bits - and a couple of other lines besides.

Anyway, I think I'll probably play with the MMC or my giant LED panels next - until I get my SRAM that is....I could always hook up the LCD panel to the plus/4 I suppose, have a single memory location that maps out to the wires or something. Ahh...so much to do, so little time...

No comments: